FREE LIFETIME LISTINGS FOR FOUNDING MEMBERS
There is a strong need for more financially accessible therapy across Canada, and we hope you will join us in providing more options.
$100+ for a therapy session is completely out of reach for most people, but we have found that many jump at the opportunity to talk to a therapist when their fee ranges between $65-$100.
As therapists ourselves, we understand the value of our work and believe that standard rates are well justified. At the same time, there are many good reasons for including sliding scale rates in our practice.
Reasons you might want to offer sliding scale options include:
- Providing options for people who otherwise would have very few
- Being able to reach a much wider client base
- Filling in gaps where your office sits empty
- Accessing new clients quickly (especially for those new to practice!).
The Affordable Therapy Network is an initiative to serve the needs of an overwhelmingly large population of people who would benefit from therapeutic support, but can't afford it. It serves a dual purpose of supporting the visibility and web-presence of psychotherapists, counsellors, or other mental health practitioners offering their support services.
The initiative was launched in Toronto, ON in 2017.
The Toronto Website has grown immensely since then. It has helped connect thousands of people with support they can afford, and helped dozens of therapists build thriving practices.
The Affordable Therapy Network is an initiative based on the Social Enterprise Model aimed towards increasing the social good.
ABOUT LOW-COST AND SLIDING SCALE RATES
- We invite you make a number of spots available (at your discretion) at the rate of $65 or less. Even just one spot at this rate could really make a difference for someone
- We also ask that you list your sliding scale range, which is at your discretion. It might be $80-$120, $70-$110, or whatever best suits your practice needs.
- Communicate with admin to let us know when spots are full and we will make necessary edits.
The low-cost rate is in place in order to serve the mission of our site, reduce the stigma of financial barriers, and provide an option for those who would otherwise not be able to access therapy.
We understand that your time is valuable and that there is a limitation to the number of low cost spots you can offer. While some clients who use our site require the low-cost rate (and we thank you for offering that!), many are simply looking for an alternative to standard rates and are easily able to access our therapists sliding-scale fees. This means that you can still build a profitable practice with our model by adjusting your fees or closing your low-cost spots as needed.
Please take some time to consider your needs around (and make clear to clients) any limitations you have around the number of sessions you can offer at a reduced rate. Also consider how you will negotiate with them once that limit is reached. Most therapists offer a limited number of sessions at the low-cost rate in order to best support their practice.
We are happy to help you navigate these details if needed, and provide support along the way.
BENEFITS OF LISTING
- Helping people who could otherwise not afford support
- Ability to offer a flexible fee structure
- Increased online presence
- Expand your client base
- More visits to your personal website
- More referrals as you grow your client base
- Affiliation with a reputable and visible website
- Strong visibility within the site (as a smaller network, your name won't get lost among a sea of names)
The Affordable Therapy Network gives you the opportunity to grow your practice at you own pace, add new locations and hours when needed, and adjust your fees as your practice fills up.
We are offering free lifetime listings for our founding members!
We are a Grassroots Social Enterprise initiative working to increase access to Mental Health supports across Canada. Our aim is to create a highly visible network in order to serve both the needs of the community, as well as the needs of the therapists who list with us.
HOW TO LIST WITH US
Email the following to:
A 200-400 word "bio" as you would like to see it appear on the website.
Also include, in list format:
- Your name and designation as a practitioner (your "title" and "initials")
- Your license number
- If you are pre-licensed/student, provide your supervisors name and registration number
- Your sliding scale range (we will also list you as offering the $65 or less rate unless you otherwise specify).
- Your website address if you have one.
- A picture - high resolution, with a nice, clean background (nature works great!)
- Best way for clients to contact you (email, contact page link, etc.)
- The location in which you practice: city + intersection or address
- Any other details you feel are important to include.
* Credentials will be verified
* If you are a pre-licensed professional/Intern - it is your responsibility to ensure your practice works within the limits and scope of your profession, and that you meet necessary supervision requirements.
After your information is confirmed by our administrator via email, we will message you when your listing is up to review it.
Thank you for listing with us!
We are excited to hear your feedback about your experience with The Affordable Therapy Network and hope it brings you many new connections and opportunities!
Questions and Inquiries to:
The Affordable Therapy Network